Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ralph Herder RIP

Through all these years now and tomorrow have been my steady companions, but now, how I long for a friendship lost in time but not forgotten. There was a time that we were brothers and I became the better for it.

Goodbye old friend, may strength, peace and light guide your loved ones









For the last few years the week between January 16th. and January 24th. has been an absolute bummer to deal with. Phoning a few friends and dragging them down to the pub so they can watch me get twisted and go berserk is no longer really an option and neither is contacting a few old acquaintances from a shared past. Robin's gig is too surreal when compared to my own madness, Brammetje has fallen of the deep end and Bert Jan can barely remember how to brush his teeth. I doubt if they still listen to the boy that dwells in all men. The answers I seek need to be found elsewhere. The following stories where written during a few cold days in January when a hot toddy, a generous supply of cold beverages and a few tears were never far away



No comments: